Wednesday 30 September 2020

Huami Amazfit X : Week 2

 well, GPS has operated in fits and starts and sometimes vaguely represents where I actually went, quality is no where near what my Mi Band 3 and Notify & Fitness App achieve.


Today a new article appeared on Note Book Check and I appear to have made the first comment and attempted to be quite balanced especially as there was a new update today and it appears to have done 2 separate updates on the watch and took a while.


I have found one new function relating to sleep analysis but other than that no idea what fixes or new features are in there but given I had a response from support today and they didnt say anything I hold out little hope for getting GPS fixed.


Closed Issues : 
- Amazfit X : Auto detection of activities - it seems that 10 minutes is a normal time to wake up and start collecting data but two hours of cycling isn't detected... just doesnt work but there is an on / off selection on the watch. 

What is still an issue : 
- Amazfit X : GPS does not work, sometimes it gets a lock when not being worn but cannot maintain it (2 open tickets, #252878 and #2977, raised on the campaign and via Zepp Feedback) - this is the one that matters, the rest would make the device better, this would make the device worth wearing (worth paying for, oh hang on I already did that). This continues to be a problem - there was a A-GPS update and I now get data about 1 time in 3 but it is only representative of the route followed - yes we could identify that Hannibal went over the Alps but more than that I couldn't commit to.

- Amazfit X : Whatps app messages get batched up to a summary count far too quickly (raised via Zepp Feedback)  - I still think this is too aggressive but that appears to be a summary item forcing you to go to the notifications view on the watch, unfortunately you can't swipe anywhere on the notification summary to get to the notifications, instead you have to swipe back to the main screen and then to notifications.

- Amazfit X : The schedule function is manual entry and does not sync with google calendary (outlook etc) (raised via Zepp Feebdack and Ticket #253401) - ticket has been closed - I'm told it isn't available at this time, others have been told it is not possible.

- Amafix X / Zepp : workouts generate random data - 1 walk of 194 steps showed as a slow walk and 4 calories burned, the other 7,800 steps in the day burned the other 5 calories I used, seems a little off to me. (raised via Zep feedback).

- Amazfit X : Regular SP02 sample not just manual (ia feedback)

- Amafixfix : Where to view GPS plotted route on the watch (was suggested as available by support on ticket #252878 although I wonder if they mean "can you see the GPS lock working") 

- Zepp : how do I export my data (raised via the campaign, Zepp feedback and a ticket, #253403), I have an answer but it is not working yet, I have asked support as it looks like you have to create an account on Zepp and a Mi Account and the two may associate by email address - unfortunately the Mi Account password standards are quite low and not what I used for my Zepp account so awaiting confirmation from support that is the case.

- Zepp : how can I configure the app to remove the adverts from the main screen (raised via Zepp feedback) 

- Zepp : how can I configure the app to hide all the features that are not relevant to my device (raised via Zepp feedback) 

- Zepp : the sleep tracking on the watch is poor, would be good to integrate with Sleep As Android. Latest firmware (1.0.1.30) has added "sleep breathing quality monitor, beta" so hopefully work has been carried out on the sleep module, again annoying that when I looked at my sleep record on Sunday morning it said none for the week because in America Sunday is the first day of the week. There is no indication of what this does / presents.

- Zepp : Have a UK style screen - gets annoying that weeks start on Sundays, they don't they start on Monday that way I have 2 days off at the end of a week. 

New issue : workouts are not being synchronised with Google Fit, reported through Zepp feedback 1/10/20

New suggestion : ability to change (remove or reorder) workout types on the watch to deprioritize those I will never use and bring those I will use top the top. Reported through Zepp feedback 1/10/20

New suggestion : smart alarms, work brilliantly with Notify & Fitness, clearly needs good sleep tracking, I did suggest this during the campaign but also 5/10 via feedback In zepp. 

It does feel like Huami have made some effort this week but still are not presenting anything that feels honest or open yet.